Revised July 2015
Information on Substance Abuse and Addiction
- To order NIDA publications, please go to drugpubs.drugabuse.gov
- Information on the Science of Addiction
- Information about particular drugs and their effects on the body
- Easy-to-Read information on Drugs: see easyread.drugabuse.gov
- If you are a member of the media seeking an interview with a scientist, contact our press office at email@example.com
National Drug & Alcohol Facts WeekSM
- For questions about holding events during National Drug & Alcohol Facts WeekSM, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step by Step Guides
Please note that NIDA does not provide medical advice. For medical advice, we strongly urge you to contact a qualified physician.
- If you are looking for an addiction specialist you can check with the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM)
- If you are seeking a treatment center, please visit the SAMHSA Treatment Locator - NIDA does not endorse any specific treatment program.
- If you are a professional and would like to learn about evidence based principles of treatment, or for a general audience about what to ask when seeking treatment.
- If you are seeking information on clinical trials, go to clinicaltrials.gov
Clinical trials are research studies in human volunteers conducted to answer specific health questions. Learn about the NIH-sponsored clinical trials available to you.
- NIDA Clinical Trial Locator - answer a few simple questions and get contact information for Clinical Trials near you.
Other Clinical Trials information sources:
- NIH Clinical Trials and You - NIH site that helps explain about clinical trials and why people participate.
- NIDA Trials at ClinicalTrials.gov - a resource of federally and privately supported clinical trials.
- Clinical Research Studies from the National Drug Abuse Treatment Clinical Trials Network (CTN) - a NIDA coordinated network of research institutions conducting human trials on drug abuse solutions.
- Research Studies at NIDA Intramural Research Program - located in Baltimore, Maryland.
Information for School
- For homework help see our Teens site
Information for Parents & Teachers
- See our Parent & Teacher section
Information for Clinicians and Researchers
- Drug abuse screening tools
- Free access to information on drugs from scientific journals: PubMed.gov
- Information on NIDA or NIH grants
- Summaries of NIDA Science in NIDA Notes
Use of Content from this Site
- Unless otherwise specified, NIDA publications and videos are available for your use and may be reproduced in their entirety without permission from NIDA. Citation of the source is appreciated, using the following language: Source: National Institute on Drug Abuse; National Institutes of Health; U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Sections of text that do not have source citations listed beside, above, or below them can also be used without permission. In most cases, imagery is not in the public domain and may not be used (i.e., photographs, illustrations, graphics). Questions about specific items can be sent to email@example.com. For any item that has a source citation, permission must be sought directly from the original source. If translating into a different language, please cite NIDA as the source, but also state the name of the person or organization that provided translation.
How to Cite Content From Our Site
We offer an easy way to cite many of our publications and articles.
- Locate the “Cite this article” link in the upper right column of the publication or article page.
- Click on “Cite this article” to view the APA Style citation.
- Press ctrl+c to copy the code.
Still Have Questions for Our Staff?
- Complete our Contact NIDA Form and we will try to help.
Getting to NIDA
- Directions to NIDA Headquarters, Rockville, MD
- Directions to NIDA's Intramural Research Program (IRP), Baltimore, MD.
Subscribe to our "What's New at NIDA" newsletter at:
Technical questions about the Web site?
For Mail inquiries regarding NIDA:
National Institute on Drug Abuse
Office of Science Policy and Communications, Public Information and Liaison Branch
6001 Executive Boulevard
Room 5213, MSC 9561
Bethesda, Maryland 20892-9561
For phone Inquiries: