Revised October 2016
The purpose of this blog is to discuss the science of addiction and drug use and the work we are doing at NIDA. I welcome your comments and ideas.
Comments are reviewed before posting. Debate and disagreement are welcome, but mutual respect and politeness must be maintained. Comments that are off-topic, uncivil, promoting a product, or promoting drug use will not be posted. Multiple comments that repeat the same point may not be posted. Because comments are moderated, there may be a delay before comments appear on the site. Posts will be open for comments for 60 days. We also reserve the right to not publish comments over 250 words.
Comments will not be posted if they:
- Contain vulgar language, personal insults, or offensive comments about others (based on ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, intelligence, or any other personal attacks).
- Promote any services or products, are clearly off topic, or make unsupported assertions or accusations. Comments that include a link or URL to a personal or commercial Web site will not be posted.
- Voice support for drug use or any illegal activity.
- Include personal contact information like phone numbers, email addresses, etc.
- Do not materially contribute to the topic or discussion.
- Are of excessive length.
As a federal scientific research agency, we cannot support or promote commercial products, projects, or enterprises. We only accept guest blog posts from people or groups with whom we have a substantial partnership, such as other federal agencies, non-profit groups, and researchers who receive federal funding.