Using the existing CTN-0049 cohort as a research platform, the proposed RCT will assess the effectiveness of an efficacious linkage to care intervention for HIV/HCV co-infected substance users. Linkage to care will be operationalized as receipt of clinical evaluation/treatment for HCV infection. Secondary objectives will be to assess: 1) relative success at each step in the cascade, 2) engagement in substance use treatment and HIV care, and 3) HIV viral suppression.
- Grady Memorial Hospital, Florida
- Jackson Memorial Hospital, Florida
- UPMC Presbyterian, Pennsylvania
- Hahnemann University Hospital, Pennsylvania
- Johns Hopkins University, Maryland
- Boston Medical Center, Massachusetts
- Rush University Medical Center, Illinois
- Stroger Cook County Hospital, Illinois
- Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, California
- University Hospital at University of Alabama, Alabama
- Parkland Health and Hospital System, Texas
Get this Publication
Formed with SAMHSA to reduce the gap between research results and treatment.