What We Do:
NIDA's mission is to advance science on the causes and consequences of drug use and addiction and to apply that knowledge to improve individual and public health.
- Strategically supporting and conducting basic and clinical research on drug use (including nicotine), its consequences, and the underlying neurobiological, behavioral, and social mechanisms involved.
- Ensuring the effective translation, implementation, and dissemination of scientific research findings to improve the prevention and treatment of substance use disorders and enhance public awareness of addiction as a brain disorder.
- Director's Page
- AIDS Research Program
- International Program
- Office of Diversity and Health Disparities
Dr. Nora Volkow - Director
Dr. Wilson Compton - Deputy Director
Joellen Austin - Deputy Director for Management
Jack Stein, MSW, Ph.D. - Office of the OSPC Director and NIDA Chief of Staff
- Steven Gust, Ph.D. - Director, International Program
- Read Biography
- Hilda Schulke - Staff Assistant to the Director
- Ernestine Lenteu - Staff Assistant to NIDA Deputy Director
- Ellie Johnson - Supervisory Staff Assistant
- Maggie Stevenson - Staff Assistant to the Associate Director for Management
- Monglan Le - Correspondence Systems Coordinator
National Institute on Drug Abuse
National Institutes of Health
6001 Executive Blvd., Suite 5274
Bethesda, MD 20892-9581
For courier deliveries use: Rockville, MD 20892