Travel Award Available
ORWH recently established a new Science Policy Travel Scholar Award to assist a junior investigator in traveling to the Annual Meeting of the Organization for the Study of Sex Differences (OSSD). The 2019 meeting will take place in Washington, D.C., May 5 – 8. The goal of this program is to support the development of new investigators who are focused on women’s health and sex/gender differences, and who also have an interest in research policy.
What We Do:
The mission of the Women and Sex/Gender Differences Research Program is to promote the conduct, translation, and dissemination of drug abuse research on sex/gender differences and issues specific to women.
NIH Policy on Sex as a Biological Variable in Vertebrate Animal and Human Research
NIDA Women and Sex/Gender Differences Research Junior Investigator Travel Award for the College on Problems of Drug Dependence (CPDD)
- Information on 2019 Travel Awards for CPDD (CPDD site)
- CPDD 2015 Women and Sex/Gender Differences Research Junior Investigator Travel Awardees
- CPDD 2014 Women and Sex/Gender Differences Research Junior Investigator Travel Awardees
- CPDD 2013 Women and Sex/Gender Differences Research Junior Investigator Travel Awardees (PDF, 5MB)
CPDD Mini-Program: Focus on Women and Sex/Gender Differences
For the 77th Annual CPDD Scientific Meeting, June 13-18, 2015, Phoenix, Arizona
Special Issue of the Journal of Women’s Health entitled “Intimate Partner Violence, Consequences on Women’s Health, and Promising Interventions” - 1/15
The individual articles were published electronically in December 2014, and as a combined special issue collection in January 2015. These articles derive from the successful 2013 Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) Research Symposium that was hosted by NIH on behalf of HHS. The Special Issue was guest edited by Samia Noursi, Ph.D. and Lisa Begg, Dr.P.H. It included 7 articles and an introduction. Among these articles an article that focused on identifying and intervening with substance-using women exposed to intimate partner violence: phenomenology, comorbidities, and integrated approaches within primary care and other agency settings.
- The Intimate Partner Violence Screening (IPV) and Counseling Research Symposium - 12/9/13, Rockville, MD
Other Web Sites of Interest:
- Women’s Health Collaborative: Fostering a Sex and Gender Approach to Medical Education and Practice
- 2013 Trans-HHS Intimate Partner Violence Screening and Counseling: Research Symposium
- The NIH Office of Research on Women’s Health (ORWH)
- The Office on Women's Health (OWH)
- White House Council on Women and Girls (CWG)
- More Web Sites...
Any questions or concerns regarding the Women and Gender Research Group please contact Cora Lee Wetherington, Ph.D. (301) 435-1319 or email@example.com