Get the Facts
- NIDA for Teens: Facts on Drugs - Offers resources for teens and teen influencers. Get the real facts about how different drugs affect your brain and body.
- Drugs & Health Blog - Explores the cool things scientists are doing to learn more about drugs and addiction.
- Opioids: Facts for Teens - Presented in a question-and-answer format and targeted to teens, provides facts about opioids and their potential harmful effects.
- Marijuana: Facts for Teens - Think marijuana isn't a big deal? Learn all about it and its potentially harmful effects.
- Easy-to-Read Drug Facts - Provides facts about drug use, addiction, and treatment, with videos. The site can read each page out loud.
- Scholastic HEADS UP: Real News About Drugs and Your Body - Features articles, games, downloads, videos, and more.
- Past compilations and posters are also available.
- NIDA DrugFacts: Monitoring the Future Survey: High School and Youth Trends - Survey says? See the latest numbers about high school and youth drug use and addiction.
- National Drugs & Alcohol Chat Day - Have a question? NIDA scientists have answers. Join Chat Day and find out what you want to know about drugs and drug use in real time.
- National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week® - Take part in NDAFW, a national health observance linking teens to science-based facts to SHATTER THE MYTHS® about drugs!
- The Addiction Science Award - Compete in the world's largest science competition for high school students, the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair. Three projects are selected to receive awards for exemplary work in Addiction Science.
- MEDLINEplus Health Information on Drug Abuse (National Library of Medicine, NIH)
- Healthfinder.gov (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
Clinical trials are research studies in human volunteers conducted to answer specific health questions. Learn about the NIH-sponsored clinical trials available to you.