Revised September 2018
NIDA is playing a major role in the National Institutes of Health (NIH) HEAL initiative (Helping to End Addiction Long-term), launched in June 2018 to provide scientific solutions to the national opioid overdose crisis, including improved treatment strategies for pain as well as opioid use disorders (OUDs). This new initiative, funded by Congress, brings new hope for people, families, and communities affected by this devastating crisis.
NIDA will be coordinating four overarching research projects around the country:
- Focused OUD Medications Development Research Project
- HEALing Communities Study
- The Clinical Trials Network OUD Research Enhancement Project
- The Justice Community Opioid Innovation Network
October 3, 2018 from 1-2:30 pm - Technical Assistance Webinar for Researchers Interested in the HEALing Communities Funding Opportunities
- HEALing Communities Study: Developing and Testing an Integrated Approach to Address the Opioid Crisis (Data Coordinating Center) (Clinical Trials Not Allowed)
- HEALing Communities Study: Developing and Testing an Integrated Approach to Address the Opioid Crisis (Research Sites) (Clinical Trial Required)
Emerging Trends & Alerts
Get more information on Emerging Trends and Alerts, we will update this page with the latest research findings as they develop.
Get this Publication
Find information about addiction and mental health services in your area. You can search by state or zip code online or call the number.