Review recent substance use and addiction publications, courses, and more for pediatricians.
Photo by ©iStock.com/Rawpixel
- Science to Medicine – Topics include screening and medication treatment for opioid use disorder (OUD). Review the latest science followed by considerations from other DOs who are screening for substance use and treating OUD in their practices.
- Adolescent Substance Use and Rx Drug Misuse CME – Videos from your peers enhance this course, which aims to help you navigate confidentiality in discussions with your teen patients about their substance use. Features tips and talking points for patients at all risk levels.
- AAP’s Acute Pain Management: Changes and Challenges CME – American Academy of Pediatrics
- AAP’s Chronic Pain and the Opioid Crisis CME – American Academy of Pediatrics
- Addressing Adolescent Substance Use: How to Recognize, Screen, and Communicate CME – American Society of Addiction Medicine
Opioid Crisis & Pain Management
- Addressing the Opioid Epidemic from AAP—joint strategies to address the opioid crisis
- Opioids, Pregnancy, and Neonatal Care – practice guidance; research and news; and further education on the topic
Marijuana and Other Drugs
For Patients and Parents
- Visit the NIDAMED homepage for additional CME courses, patient materials, and information on the opioid crisis, screening, prevention, and treatment.