Revised October 2017
Opioid-Specific Treatment Resources:
- Effective Treatments for Opioid Addiction
- Medications to Treat Opioid Addiction
- National Guidelines for the Use of Medications in the Treatment of Addiction Involving Opioid Use (PDF, 1MB) – American Society of Addiction Medicine
- Buprenorphine Information – SAMHSA
- Study: Opioid Agonist Treatment Reduces Societal Costs of Crime
- Study: Buprenorphine Benefits Waitlisted Seekers of Opioid Treatment
- Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment: A Research-Based Guide
- Treatment Approaches for Drug Addiction (NIDA DrugFacts)
- NIDA Clinical Trials Network
Get this Publication
Find information about addiction and mental health services in your area. You can search by state or zip code online or call the number.
SAMHSA’s Knowledge Network
SAMHSA’s Knowledge Network is a comprehensive online resource of behavioral health training, technical assistance, and workforce development for the health care community.