Methamphetamine is a stimulant drug usually used as a white, bitter-tasting powder or a pill. Crystal methamphetamine is a form of the drug that looks like glass fragments or shiny, bluish-white rocks. It is chemically similar to amphetamine (a drug used to treat attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder [ADHD] and narcolepsy, a sleep disorder). Learn about the health effects of methamphetamine and read the DrugFacts.
Chalk, Crank, Crystal, Fire, Glass, Go Fast, Ice, Speed, Tina
- Monitoring the Future Survey Statistics on Methamphetamine
- Methamphetamine Abuse - Message from the NIDA Director
- Club Drugs
- Availability and Effectiveness of Programs to Treat Methamphetamine Abuse (Testimony to Congress)
- NIDA for Teens Drug Facts on Methamphetamine (Meth) - Offers resources for teens and teen influencers. Get the latest on how drugs affect the brain and body. Features videos, games, blog posts, and more!
- NIH Director’s Blog on Methamphetamine
- MEDLINEplus Health Information on Drug Abuse (National Library of Medicine, NIH)
- Healthfinder.gov (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
Clinical trials are research studies in human volunteers conducted to answer specific health questions. Learn about the NIH-sponsored clinical trials available to you.